Well folks…. it is budget time again. And once again, City staff are kicking it off by providing a 1,000 page document that has absolutely no enhanced readability functionality built into. So once again, I have taken the opportunity (took me 30 minutes) to make separate PDF chapters for each budget function and upload to my website.
Enjoy! You can find my 2015 budget breakdown here.
From a process perspective, this budget is being presented to Council tomorrow in their Governance & Priorities format (agenda here). Then in November, the actual Financial Plan Bylaw will be brought forward for 1st reading on November 26th. And then following that, public consultation will commence. But then it is important to note, as per the associated staff report, this public consultation will once again be limited to how Council spends their annual (2015) surplus and their annual (2015) New Assessment Revenue.
No substantial attention will be paid to the budget as a whole.
This is because everything Council does is in their strategic plan.
- Introduction and Welcome including Strategic Plan
- High level Operating Summary and chart of FTEs
- Council Budget
- City Manager Budget
- Deputy City Manager Budget
- Arts & Culture Budget
- Economic Development Budget
- Human Resources Budget
- Legislative & Regulatory Services Budget
- Real Estate Budget
- Victoria Conference Centre Budget
- Citizen Engagement & Strategic Planning Budget
- Engineering & Public Works Budget
- Finance Department Budget
- Legal Services Budget
- Parks, Recreation & Facilities Budget
- Sustainable Planning & Community Development Budget
- Fire Department Budget
- Corporate Budget
- Capital Budget
- Budget Appendix 1
- Budget Appendix 2
- Budget Appendix 3